mercoledì 16 gennaio 2008

Meme and Harry Potter



gacked from taradiane8 things you can't live without: books, food, water, trees, dogs, little furry animals, beautiful things to look at, paper to write on.7 things you're looking forward to: earning my own money, going to England, earning a Masters, buying lots and lots of books, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Cassie Claire's first published book, my own works being published.6 things that make you happy: reading, watching good movies, writing, thinking through characters, rain on a day that I can stay home, pretty things.5 things that suck: unemployment, fussy people, rude people, sleeping so late or so little that you get a headache, headaches in general.4 things you do every morning: put on my glasses, put my hair in a ponytail, eat something, drink tea.3 people you think are hot: Jon Rhys-Meyers, Viggo Mortensen, Johnny Depp2 movies that you could watch over and over: recent ones: Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean; old ones: Labyrinth and anything by John Hughes.1 person you couldn't live without: my sister. Plus, I think my own personal most-returned-to theme would probably be redemption. Struggle, perseverance, that sort of thing. I like the stories where every possible advantage is taken away, yet the main character succeeds in the end, anyway. I'm a happy ending sort of girl, mostly . . . the people I write about become so real to me that I can't bring myself to end things on a bleak note for them. . . if I wanted that, I'd stay in reality, ya know? Lends itself very well to my Draco, it does. If I even have a My!Draco. Poor thing, he's either completely disowned, completely insane, or both, in my stories. I agree, it is hard to work out a way in which Harry and Draco could ever be happy together, but that, in a way, is what keeps me reading, and also what keeps me writing. The unending quest for the perfect love, maybe. This may play more into my own issues than into Draco's or Harry's, but it's that romantic little thought that comprises my whole raison d'etre, or raison d'escrit, maybe.JK Rowling likes to talk about the bad boy syndrome when trying to deflect all the sympathetic love she (however unconsciously) instilled in her Slytherin characters. Draco's certainly a "bad boy", but I don't think its the bravado and the bullying that makes us all swoon. For me, at least, it's not the bad boy, but the insecure, confused little boy that I love. I guess it taps into the maternal instincts that I, as a Cancer, am supposed to have in spades. In a way I want what you want, all the pain and the hurt and the misunderstanding and humanness, but I also want deep understanding and comfort at the end and the kind of love that burns, yes, but doesn't consume anything that it can't regenerate.Which may or may not end up being possible for Harry and Draco. I fully agree. Doesn't stop me trying, though, does it? Originally intended to be a comment to someone else's LJ post, but it got too long.

1 commento:

Perfumes ha detto...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.