sabato 1 settembre 2007

the more things change the more they stay the same.


On August 4th, about a week ago, at an amusement park, I saw Hanson perform. There, I've posted it. You, dear reader, can not be expected to imagine what a big deal this has been, in the inner workings of Lanie-land. Not because of any remarkable happenings, no --though I did get rather close to Isaac, not one of them even looked in my direction--but because of my reaction. These last two months, it seems that I keep surprising myself over and over, reacting to things in new and unfamiliar ways, and this has had the unfortunate effect of throwing my expectations of my self-knowledge off-course just a tiny little bit. Okay, fine, a bg bit. I know, blah blah blah. Okay, here's the deal: I enjoyed it a lot, but not as much as I once would have. The last few times I saw them, my heart leapt in my chest. But this time . . . no leapy leapy. And for a while I couldn't figure out why, which is the reason I've been having such a hard time posting about it (and that's strange in itself, me not posting immediately about seeing Hanson . . .). I've thought about it and thought about it, and I think the reason they seemed off is because their hearts weren't really in it.Having said that, now I feel bad. I don't mean to say that they didn't sing their butts off for us and do an amazing job, just that, well, they didn't seem too happy to be there. They sang three songs, and then told us to catch them in Tulsa the following Sunday, if we could. After that, zoom, they were outta there.Can't blame them, really. After all, Tulsa's home to them. I'd be in a hurry to get going too. It just surprised me, that feeling. Things are changing too darn fast. Stop the world, fellas, I want to get off.

Nessun commento: